Toronto, ON (January 11, 2017) ~ The Breast Cancer Society of Canada (BCSC), the mission of which is to save lives through breast cancer research, recently elected six new directors to serve on its national board.
“Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in Canadian women and BCSC has and is doing everything it can to change that,” said Antoine Abugaber, Chair of the Board. “Our new directors are a wonderful addition to our existing board—they all bring a wealth of experience and expertise in their fields and will be tremendous assets as we further our mission of saving the lives of partners, mothers, daughters, sisters, aunts, neighbours and colleagues—Canadian women who are battling or will battle breast cancer in their lifetime.”
Joining the board is:
- Michael Ford is a Senior Financial Executive with more than 25 years of financial and operational leadership expertise in the technology and telecommunications sector. He has extensive experience in raising debt and equity, enhancing working capital and strengthening profitability through business process improvement and revenue generation support.
- Marc Guay is a Corporate Director and Executive Advisor/Coach at Presidents of Enterprising Organizations. He currently serves on both corporate and not-for-profit boards and is former President of Frito Lay Canada/PepsiCo Foods Canada.
- Jeffrey McCully is a lawyer and President of Charity Consult, which assists charitable organizations in their Advancement operations, including evaluation of their systems of corporate governance. For more than 20 years, he has held senior positions in the charitable sector, advising multi-level institutions in their major gift fundraising and strategic planning.
- Kathy Steffan is a partner and leader of Welch LLP’s Toronto office, a firm that offers a full range of accounting, assurance, tax, advisory and specialty services. She provides assurance and advisory services to For-Profit, Not-for-Profit and Government-funded organizations and has been involved in a number of IPOs.
- Debbie Stojanovic is a marketing and communication executive with more than 25 years of professional services expertise. She is the National Marketing Director, Audit and Governance Program, for KPMG Canada, a Canadian and international leader in delivering audit, tax and advisory services.
- Sabrina Faust Zúñiga is a Management Consultant and President of SFZ Leadership, focusing on needs assessment, research, facilitation and team building for corporations and not-for-profit organizations. She is recognized for helping organizations and individuals discover, develop and expand the range of their talents and find personal and professional successes.
Existing board members include Antoine Abugaber, Janice Bannister, Jacqueline Middleton, Elke Rubach and Sandy Whyte. The BCSC’s board of directors provide counsel and guidance on the direction and operation of the organization in achieving its goal—putting an end to breast cancer.
For more information about the Breast Cancer Society of Canada, visit www.bcsc.ca.
The Breast Cancer Society of Canada is a registered, national, nonprofit, charitable organization dedicated to saving lives through breast cancer research.
For more information please visit www.bcsc.ca. For further information: Breast Cancer Society of Canada, National Manager of Digital Marketing and Social Media: Neil Wiernik 416-702-6940,